MTN Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship 2021-2022 for Nigerian Students
MTN Foundation Scholarship 2021 for Nigerian Undergraduate Students is currently ongoing. Interested candidates can read through for eligibility, how to apply, scholarship benefits, and application details.
What You Need to Know About MTN Foundation Scholarship 2021
The MTN Scholarship Scheme is an annual scholarship award that seeks to recognize and reward qualified high performing students. It is made up of the MTN Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme (MTN STSS) and the MTN Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students (MTN SSBS). Both Scholarships under the Youth Empowerment Cause, are currently in their 9th and 7th phase respectively.
The MTN Foundation Scholarship Program aims to attract high-performing, full-time students from public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education ) in Nigeria.
The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who would otherwise not be able to pay for their higher education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students taking science and technology courses receive a scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance and stipends.
The scholarship is renewed annually until graduation for existing winners, provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit), while new applications, when announced, are welcome from full-time students in their second year of study.
Eligible Level/Fields of Study
The MTN Foundation scholarship award is available to full-time students in their 300 level. Only applications from students studying any of the following courses will be considered:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
However, Apart from this ongoing MTN Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship scheme 2021, there are other Nigerian undergraduates scholarships, such as Agbami Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate Students, NNPC-TOTAL Scholarship, Federal Government Scholarships 2021-2022 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates, etc.
The MTN scholarship for Nigerian undergraduate students will be taken in Nigeria.
The MTN Foundation scholarship scheme is available to only Nigerian students.
Meanwhile, there are numerous international scholarships for international students to study in any country of choice.
You can check this our heavily recommended post “How to Study Abroad for Free in 2021-2022“.
Scholarship Benefits/How much is MTN scholarship 2021?
Over 500 MTN Scholars are selected each year to receive this N200,000 scholarship. This will cover tuition fee, accommodation, and book allowance. it is renewable provided the scholar maintains a CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent.
You’re Also enrolled into the MTN Foundation Alumni, where Scholars are close to getting a job from MTN and continuing their careers in the desired field chosen by MTN.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Alumni
MTN Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd years.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry-level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd years in a public University
MTN Foundation Scholarship Requirement?
Applicants details will be verified and shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- The valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
How to Apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship 2021
The mode of application is online, Interested and qualified candidates should log in to MTN Foundation website, check application link below.
Applications for MTN Foundation Scholarship is currently Ongoing. The application deadline is around 21st July 2021.